It’s almost Christmas!!! I hope you are done Christmas shopping…unlike me. I can’t believe I am still not done. Usually I am the most organized, on top of everything person. But not this year. Thankfully I have kept up with wrapping and do not have a lot left to do.
Alright so here is a delicious salad that my family has at every holiday dinner. Easter, Thanksgiving..you name it. It is always on the table. It’s super easy to make and you can make it look so festive for the holidays. It’s a great salad to bring to a party.
What you will need:
- romaine lettuce (I normally do red leaf, but anything works)
- pepperoni (cut into chunks if its a stick)
- hard provolone cheese (this is hard to come by on the west coast. My grandma lives in the northeast and we would always get it at an italian deli.) If you can not find it, or have a dairy allergy, I get a hard pecorino. Cut into chunks
- one jar marinated artichoke hearts
- one jar roasted red peppers (cut into thin slices)
- black olives
- sliced peperoncinis
- red onion
- one can of tuna in olive oil (mix with oil in it, do not dump out)
I start with the salami framing around the platter. Honesty you can layer however you want. From there I add the lettuce. Then I just add the rest of the toppings. I bring olive oil and balsamic or red wine (whichever you prefer) for people to put on for dressing. And then I always add parmesan cheese, black pepper, and red pepper to mine. Just because those always make everything better 😉
Bon Appetit and Merry Christmas!